1.Registered users are given access to various premium services, You acknowledge and accept these service require payment on a once off or subscription basis, as relevant that will be deducted from or billed to your account in the way of Prepaid or Postpaid billing options respectively.
2. Premium services carry a recurring subscription charge, a once-off charge, or a related usage charge to any participating users.
3. Subscription for the premium service and usage is voluntary and occurs via the Service menu. This charge is subject to change at our discretion. Any changes therein will be communicated to subscribed users with reasonable notice and you will be afforded the option to unsubscribe should not agree with any changes.
4. Users will always be advised of the content fees payable for premium services and such users must first accept the cost prior to subscribing or purchasing.
5. When using the video services, you acknowledge that the quality of the display of the content may vary from device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection. Not all content is available in all formats. You are responsible for all Internet access charges.
6. You acknowledge that some premium services may have a free trial period applicable for a limited time, after which the related price for that service will be chargeable to you.
7. No refunds are permitted for partial use of the Service.
8. If you are a non-Vodacom subscriber using the Service, we will attempt to recover any subscription fees due and payable for a period of 90 (days) from when the payment is due. After the end of the 90 day period you will not have access to the Service.
9. Subscription based premium services will remain active, unless:
- You miss the applicable recurring charge for a period of 30 days,
- You unsubscribe from the applicable premium service; or
- You deregister your account in Playinc.
10. We reserve the right to cancel your premium subscription(s) at any time.
11. The Content(s) of the Service and the corresponding related rights, including but not limited to games, news and videos that you access, download and/or use are valuable intellectual property of their respective owners. It is strictly forbidden to transfer such Content to another device, except where the purposes of such a transfer is permitted (for example, the sharing of certain content to social media), regardless of the means or purpose of the transmission. Copying, redistribution or other use of the Content to that for which it has been offered is expressly prohibited.
1. As part of the Service, from time to time, Missions will be available to users to compete in to earn PlayCoins.
2. Only registered Playinc users will be eligible to benefit from the Missions. In some cases, you may be required to be a subscribed or paying user to participate in a particular Mission.
3. PlayCoins are awarded only for certain activities and only to the qualifying user as identified by their mobile number.
4. PlayCoins are not transferable.
5. We reserve the right to amend or remove specific Missions at any time. Where applicable, you will be notified if such a change has an impact on you.
6. If you deregister from the Service, all PlayCoins accumulated for a particular Mission or season, will be forfeit.
7. Certain PlayCoins will be seasonal and leaderboard will be tracked for a specified time period. At the end of that period, the season will conclude, prizes will be awarded to the applicable winners as per the rules of that specific Mission, or season and the leaderboards will be reset.
8. You agree to be bound by the additional terms, conditions and rules of the specific Missions you choose to enter into, including the rules for how prizes are won and awarded. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the specific rules of any such challenges, contests or competitions, the specific rules of the Missions shall govern to the extent of the conflict.
9. The top players, as ranked by PlayCoins, will be rewarded on the basis specified in the particular Mission. The number of players rewarded will vary based on our discretion. The PlayCoins ranking (and your own ranking within it) can be viewed on the leaderboard accessible on the Service at any time.
Prize Eligibility and Participation
1. Unless otherwise stated, all Playinc Users both Subscribed and Unsubscribed will be eligible to compete for Prizes on Playinc based on their position on either the Weekly or Monthly Leaderboard by accumulating Playcoins within the qualifying period(s) (“the contest period”).
2. Vodacom reserves the right to disconnect and suspend the service of non-compliant SIMs and non-compliant devices (as specified by the regulating body ICASA) that are being used on the Vodacom network for the purposes of the competing for Playinc Prizes.
3. All participants during the contest period agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- If the User wins a Cash Prize, they will be sent a notification confirming the reward with a reference number.
- This notification will be sent to the customer by SMS. Vodacom reserves the right to request sight of this SMS when awarding the Reward.
- Vodacom will contact the winner telephonically within 3 working days.
- Vodacom will use its reasonable efforts to telephonically contact the first winner or first three winners depending on the rules of the applicable contest on the mobile number linked to the User’s Playinc account. If Vodacom is unable to contact this winner after taking reasonable efforts to do so, then that person’s right to the Prize will be deemed to have been waived and the Prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the Prize to the next qualified participant.
- The winning User will be required to complete an indemnity form confirming their banking details which will be used to complete the payment into the winning User’s bank account.
- Payments will be made within 30 working days if all required documentation is received.
- Vodacom reserves the right to award any forfeited Prize to another participant in the specified contest period.
- In the event of a Data Prize being allocated, this may not require the User being contacted telephonically. Rather, Data Prize fulfilment may be achieved through Vodacom’s Customer Management System. In that case, the User will receive the Data Prize by way of receiving a PIN code via SMS (during standard operating hours) to enter into their Vodacom mobile phone to redeem the prize, or the Data Prize will be allocated directly to the User, again receiving notification via SMS.
1. Qualified Winners (those ranking either Top of the respective Leaderboard and/or in the Top 3 positions of the respective Leaderboard) will be contacted post the successful conclusion of a contest period occurring either Weekly and/or Monthly.
2. Participants must be in possession of a valid SA identity document or valid permanent residence permit valid for a period exceeding 12 (twelve) months for the Republic of South Africa.
3. The selected winners must be able to identify themselves (in a manner determined by Vodacom) and must comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the prizes.
4. The selected winners must have complied with these Terms and Conditions to compete for the respective prizes.
5. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prize shall terminate. Vodacom will advise of arrangements in respect of the prize fulfilment at the time of contacting the selected winner.
6. Notwithstanding the fact the prize vests on the winner immediately upon the determination of the results, any prize that remains unclaimed after a month of contact or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winners to claim the prize despite having been advised of the results of the respective periodic contest will be forfeited.
7. Cash Prize winners will be contacted during working hours (08h00 to 17h00) by phone after the successful conclusion of a contest period be it either Weekly or Monthly, using the mobile number associated with his/her Playinc account.
8. Vodacom (Pty) Ltd shall attempt to contact the winner for a period of 3 (three) working days after the successful conclusion of a contest period be it either Weekly or Monthly.
9. Should a participant not be available on the contact number during the timeframe stipulated or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next qualified participant.
10. The claim for the prize will be subject to security and validation, failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying participant.
11. If a winner cannot accept the prize for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying participant.
12. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
13. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the mobile number linked to the User’s Playinc account) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the qualifying contract/ existing qualifying contract, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is the account holder and responsible for payment of the qualifying contract/ existing qualifying contract.
14. Vodacom shall request the winner’s consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as winners. The winner may decline the use of his/her image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
15. The winner’s names and location may be displayed on www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/competition-winners as well as Vodacom Social Media Assets as well as on screens/in store TV within Vodacom Approved sales channels and approved Vodacom partner Social Media Assets specific to Playinc.
16. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable for other Vodacom good or services.
17. The auditor’s decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. User data collected from the winner post successful conclusion of a contest period will not be used for any other purpose other than the fulfillment of the prize to the winner.
21. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of the Playinc Weekly or Monthly contests are not eligible to receive the respective prizes
22. Vodacom is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation in the weekly and/or monthly contests and / or prize redemption process.
23. Vodacom shall not be liable for taxes or any costs incurred by the winners for participation in the weekly and/or monthly contests or in claiming the prize.
24. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the weekly and/or monthly contests or from claiming the prize or after claiming the prize.
25. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the weekly and/or monthly contest or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the contest(s) being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
26.Vodacom may refuse to award the prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
1. Vodacom reserves the right to award a voucher as random act of kindness, as part of a competition win, promotional trial from our retail channel, or as a reward from Shake Every Day / Just 4 You / Vodacom Loyalty & Rewards. No vouchers will be purchased available to be purchased. Vouchers are only valid on purchases made in South Africa from Playinc.
2. You will be required to register a Playinc account in order to use a voucher.
3. Vouchers are not redeemable for cash or resale and are not refundable.
4. Where vouchers have been assigned to a specific mobile number, vouchers are not transferable to another mobile number.
5. We are not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from lost or stolen vouchers or use without permission.
6. Unless otherwise specified, vouchers are valid for a period of 3 months from date of activation.
1. Playinc shall periodically run competitions not inherently related to “Missions” as stated above in points 35 to 44.
2. Playinc reserves the right to run, to extend or curtail the term of the Competitions at any time, for any period for the duration that the Playinc service is available in South Africa at its sole discretion.
3. All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Competition Terms and Conditions
, which is subject to change without any prior notification to any participant.
4. In order to participate on any competition, you will be required to register a Playinc account along with a valid subscription, unless otherwise stated.
5. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or resale and are not transferable to another Mobile Number.
6. Playinc is not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from any Competition run on our Service.
1. All rights, title and interest in and to the Service including, but not limited to, any games, titles, computer code, themes, objects, stories, dialogue, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, methods of operation, moral rights, documentation are owned by us, or the respective third party service owner. We reserve all rights, including, but not limited to, all intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights, in connection with the Service.
2. We own, have licensed, or otherwise have rights to use, or provide all of the games that appear in the Service.
3. For certain content such as drawings, designs, sounds, videos, texts, photographs, news articles etc. you acknowledge that we do not have full ownership of these elements nor do we own all of the development information contained therein, therefore some of this content may not be accurate or updated. We are therefore not responsible for any information or content obtained from linked sites.
4. By using the Service, you acknowledge and agree that we do not control and do not guarantee the absence of viruses in the content of the linked sites, nor the absence of other elements that could produce alterations in computer systems or electronic documents and files stored on computer systems.
5. By using the Service, you acknowledge and agree that Vodacom, and its subsidiaries, third party partners and/or affiliates, are excluded from any liability that may be caused by unauthorized use of trademarks or other intellectual property rights by or on linked sites. Similarly, any references made on this page to any product, service, process, linked site, hypertext or any other information on which brands and/or domains signs, trade names or names used in manufacturing, supplier, etc. that are owned by others, at no time constitute or imply endorsement or recommendation by us, our subsidiaries, third party partners and/or affiliates.
Your Obligations and Entitlements
1. In addition to the rules set out in these Terms and Conditions, your registered use of the Service and any features allowing interaction with the Service is subject to the following guidelines:
- You may not post, transmit, link to or otherwise distribute falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us or any third party.
- You may not to post, transmit, link to or otherwise distribute any material that is unlawful, obscene, profane, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, violate the legal rights of any person (including publicity or privacy rights) or is otherwise inappropriate or would restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying the Services.
- You may not post, transmit, link to or otherwise distribute material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18, provides information about illegal activities, such as making or buying illegal weapons, violates someone’s privacy, or provides information relating to the creation of computer viruses or other harmful or disruptive components. You also agree not to post, transmit, link to or otherwise distribute in any way information, software or other material that infringes the intellectual property rights of any party.
- You may not impersonate or falsely suggest your association with another person, or submit materials in another person’s name.
- You may not reverse engineer, de-compile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying software or other intellectual property used to provide the Service, or to obtain any information from the Service.
- You may not solicit or attempt to solicit personal information from other users of the Service or collect or post anyone’s private information, including personally identifiable information (whether in text, image or video form), identification documents, or financial information through the Service.
- You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, or Registered accounts using the Service, or the computers, servers, or networks connected to the Service by any means other than the user interface provided, including but not limited to, by circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person to circumvent or modify, any security, technology, device, or software that is part of the Service.
- You may not using the Service for purposes or effects contrary to law.
- You may not reproduce or copy, distribute, allow public access through any means of public communication, transform or modify the Service, unless you have obtained the authorization of the corresponding rights or it is legally permitted.
- You may not remove, ignore or manipulate the "copyright" and other data identifying our rights in the Service.
- You may not use the contents and information of any kind obtained through the Service to send advertising, communications for direct marketing purposes or any other commercial purpose, unsolicited messages addressed a plurality of people regardless of their purpose, and to refrain from selling or otherwise disclosing such information.
- You may not violate in any way the rights of intellectual property pertaining to Us or our third party partners whose contents are found in the Service.
2. Vodacom assumes no responsibility for the conduct of any user submitting any User Content, and assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Service for inappropriate content or conduct.
3. Your use of the Service is at your own risk.
4. You hereby grant to Vodacom an irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, license (including the right to sublicense and assign to third party) and right to copy, reproduce, fix, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, manufacture, commercialize, publish, distribute, sell, license, sublicense, transfer, lease, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, or provide access to electronically, broadcast, communicate to the public by telecommunication, display, perform, enter into computer memory, and use and practice, in any way, your User Content as well as all modified and derivative works thereof in connection with our provision of the Service, including marketing and promotions of the Service. You also hereby grant to Us the right to authorize others to exercise any of the rights granted to Us under these Terms and Conditions.
Limitation of Liability
1. You agree that your use of the services shall be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we and our officers, directors, employees, and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the services and your use thereof. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the services’ content or the content of any websites or services linked to these services and assume no liability or responsibility for any
- errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content;
- personal injury or property damage of any nature whatsoever resulting from your access to and use of the services;
- any unauthorized access to or use of our servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein;
- any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the services;
- any bugs, viruses, trojan horses or the like which may be transmitted to or through the services by any third party; or
- any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the services. We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the services or any hyperlinked website or featured in any banner or other advertising, and we will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
2. To the extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall we or our subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, owners, agents, employees, representatives and licensors be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, consequential, punitive or exemplary losses or damages whatsoever or for loss of profits (including, without limitation, damages for loss of revenue, loss of data, failure to realize expected savings, interruption of activities, or any other pecuniary or economic loss) and whether arising from breach of contract, damages (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising out of the use of or inability to use these services or its content, or any product or service described or provided through the services.
3. Save to the extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Vodacom from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, liability, losses, costs and expenses (including legal fees and expenses) arising from or related to:
4. any use or alleged use of the Service by any other person, whether or not authorized by you;
5. your breach of these Terms and Conditions, including any breach of your representations and warranties herein; and
6. your violation of any law or
7. your use of or inability to use the Service, the contents, any hyperlinked website, and any of the products and services made available on the Service thereof.
Privacy and data protection
shall apply in addition to these terms and conditions.
2. Should you choose to Unregister or Delete your Playinc profile, Vodacom will store your mobile number for as long as we have to by law. If there’s no legal requirement, we’ll only store it for as long as we need it for the purposes of occasionally keeping you informed generally about new products and services (unless you choose not to receive our marketing messages).
3.To access and use the Service you must be 18 (eighteen) years of age or older.
How to opt-out
1.If you want to opt out of Playinc service and content notifications, alerts or messages, use the Service menu to navigate to your profile to manage your notification settings..
2. Please note you may not opt out of system messages.
3. You can choose to opt out of partner communications specifically by sending a sms with STOP to 30881.
This service makes use of API's to Youtube for videos and is governed under the YouTube Terms of Service and the Google Privacy Pollicy, please refer to the YouTube Terms of service